It is everyone’s job to create a healthy work culture. Our workshops are designed to meet the needs of any organization.
Workshop fees are based on providing two-hour, four-hour, or full-day sessions, plus travel expenses. Steve’s consulting rates are based on a half or full-day rate, plus travel. We negotiate different fees for presentations for associations, conferences, non-profits, or for special projects.
Our training programs are customized to match the length and learning needs of the participants:
- Tools for Tense Situations: Dealing With Difficult or Angry Customers or Taxpayers (two hours).
- Workplace Violence Prevention for Supervisors (two to four hours).
- Workplace Violence Awareness for Employees (two hours).
- Threat Assessment Team Training (one to two days).
- The Library & Safety Security / Difficult Patron Workshop (half or full-day program for all library employees).
- Harassment Prevention for Supervisors (two hours; meets the every-two-years California AB 1825 mandatory training requirements for managers and supervisors).
- Our Respectful Workplace: Diversity Awareness for Employees (two hours).
- Substance Abuse Awareness in the Workplace (two hours).
- Substance Abuse Prevention Requirements for Safety-Sensitive Employees (three hours).
- Coaching Skills for Supervisors: Improving Employee Performance and Behavior (half day).
- Painless Business Writing: Write Faster and Easier at Work (half-day).
- Leadership Skills Academy for the New Supervisor (four half-day sessions over four weeks).
- Team-Building and Team Communications (two to three hours).
- The Stress Management Workshop (two to three hours).
- Stress Management for First-Responders: Police, Fire, and Dispatcher Support (half-day).
- Time Management: Real Tools for the 72-hour Workday (two hours).
- Added Value Negotiating (half-day to two days).
- Dr. Karl Albrecht’s Mindex Thinking Styles Seminar (half-day).
- Dr. Karl Albrecht’s High-Speed Problem-Solving Seminar (half-day).
- Dr. Karl Albrecht’s Service Leadership: Managing for Excellence (half-day).
- Dr. Karl Albrecht’s Code Of Quality Service (half-day).
- DBM “I-SPEAK Your Language”: Communication Styles Effectiveness (half-day).
- Site Security Surveys / Site Vulnerability Assessments (hourly rates, based on facility size).
- Employee Threat Assessment, Violence Risk Assessment, and Threat Management Team Support Services (hourly rates).
- Manager or Employee Corrective or Developmental Coaching Sessions (hourly rates).
- Anger Management / Anger Mastery Sessions (hourly rates, plus workbook).
A Note About Steve’s Training Formats:
Each class is flexible on content and length (and the training fee, in some cases). There are no class size limits, as long as the room is comfortable for the participants, the more the better. For the room orientation, Steve usually prefers five to ten people at round tables, but classroom rows or horseshoe style is fine too. (Rows of chairs with no table tops is his least favorite; people need a place to sit and write comfortably.) Steve can either use your AV equipment or will provide his own laptop, projector, and speakers. He usually only needs a screen, house sound, and for some classes, an easel pad and/or Internet access. He rarely needs a microphone, unless in your judgement, it’s necessary because of the room design. Steve provides you with the handout masters, as either slide copies or cheat sheets. For some subjects, he can distribute copies of your policies as well.